Monday, September 20, 2010

Family....there is a reason you don't get to choose them!

Facebook is a wonderful concept which allows us to keep up on everyone we know and even some people we don't. While this has MANY benefits, I have also discovered that it gives people the ability to hide in the comfort of their own homes all the while complaining about anything and everything without thinking about the consequences. In my personal opinion, people should not go onto social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace and complain about family. It seems to be just tacky and rude.
Don't get me wrong. I have done my fair share of venting about things that annoy me, but I try to be as discreet as possible when posting on my news feed. If someone wants more information it is easy to personally inbox them with the appropriate information.

I am saying all of this to lead up to the fact that Facebook also allows you to see why God doesn't really let you choose your family. They can be irritating, annoying or just plain selfish and their inability to stay out of the spotlight allows all of these wonderful character flaws to show up for the world to see. I am coming to realize that if I had the opportunity to pick my family there would be a select few that I would be swapping out for newer models. But since this is not an option, I am given no choice but to love them despite their flaws.

I beg everyone, please keep your opinions about your family off of facebook so that you don't have to make everyone uncomfortable when the next family gathering takes place! No one else wants to deal with that drama!

No comments: