Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A day at the doctor's office

Well, today we had the girls' three and five year checkups. Boy was it interesting! First of all, my girls are the only ones in the state that love to get their shots. They talked about it the whole way to the office. Then, they were so excited to get back into the examining room, they were actually driving me crazy! When we got back there, they got weighed and measured and answered all of the normal questions. Soon, the doctor came into the room and did the exam. He checked their ears, nose, throats, and eyes. Everything looked good. It was finally time for those shots!!! We waited about 15 minutes for the nurse to come into the room and when she finally did, Michaela wanted to go first. She was only getting one shot today and when the nurse gave it to her, she didn't even flinch and she watched it the entire time! I was really proud of her!! Then it was Alaina's turn. Oh No, was my first thought!! The nurse wanted me to help hold her and she got a shot in both arms. Never so much as a wimper! She took it like a trooper! Actually, Michaela was jealous that she was only getting one shot and not two! Weird kids! Oh well, at least I wasn't one of those mothers who was embarassed b/c my kids were screaming like someone was trying to kill them!

No comments: