Saturday, March 15, 2008

Funeral Experience

Sadly, my Great Uncle passed away this last week. So, we had to attend a viewing and funeral this afternoon. We decided that it would be a good idea to leave the girls in the van to watch a DVD with our 17 year old niece instead of trying to keep them calm at the funeral. Everything seemed to go fine until about ten minutes before the end of the service. Both girls decided they needed to use the restroom. So, I took them inside and let them use the restroom and then I took them into the service because it was almost over. While we were waiting for the preacher to finish his prayer, my two year old looks up at me and says "Mom, where's the dead guy, I wanna show him my new boots". I was astonished to say the least! I wondered how she knew there was someone dead there. Well, it ended up that my niece decided that it was wise to tell the girls that there was a dead guy inside the building where we were.
Never againg will we be letting her give accurate information to our children!

No comments: