Thursday, February 12, 2009

Poor sick little baby!

My poor Alaina has been so sick this week! The week started off good. On Monday we had a playdate with some friends of ours and they played all day long. Then, at 2:30am she came down to my bed telling me that her belly was hurting. She slept on the couch until about 6:00am and then I heard her crying while sitting on the potty. I thought she just had an upset stomach and needed to go to the bathroom because she ate breakfast and acted okay later that morning. Since it was her birthday, she decided that she wanted to have lunch with her dad so we made the hour long trip to his job to have lunch. She cried almost the whole car ride there and then didn't eat any of her lunch and cried that her legs were aching. I didn't know what else to do so I called the doctor and got her in to be seen at afternoon. The doctor seems to think that she has strep throat since her throat was really red, she had a headache on the top of her head and she was running a fever. She also complained of a stomach ache and achy legs. The doc gave her a script and sent us on our way. It is now day three of the medicine and she is still laying on the couch, not eating and sleeping intermittently all day long. Her fever is still up, but not as high as yesterday. She also threw up this morning. NO FUN! I gave the doctor's office another call this morning and I am waiting to hear back from them. I am not sure how long I should wait it out since she is not really eating. Hopefully she starts perking up and feeling better soon!!!

No comments: