Monday, February 2, 2009

Is my name on file there???

I think that it is time for old man winter to take a hike! My kids and I have cabin fever so bad and it is getting worse by the minute. Let me start out my story by saying that my two oldest girls share a bedroom and have a 50 gallon fish tank in there just until we sell it. They always behave well with it and haven't had too many problems with it. The worst thing they have done is "go fishing" and get fish out with the net and put them in other buckets. Well, last night we were having a Superbowl party and my nephews were over so the kids were being a little more rambunctious than normal. They decided to open the cupboard with the fish supplies in it and they found the CureIck bottle. They sprayed it all over the place in the bedroom and it stains things blue, so my hubby and sister went upstairs and cleaned it up and disciplined the kids. No biggie.

Then today came!

I was preparing Michaela's school schedule for the week and I gave the girls a movie to go upstairs and watch until I was finished. They were up there for about five minutes when Alaina came running downstairs and told me that I HAD to come up and see what Rebecca had put in her mouth. So, I started up the stairs and I see Rebecca standing there and her teeth and lips are all blue! You guessed it! She had been drinking the CureIck! Alaina and Michaela for some reason decided to get back into the cupboard and got it back out and the baby got her little fingers on the bottle and tried to drink it like a bottle!!! AAHH!!!

Needless to say, I ran downstairs, grabbed the phone, and called poison control! Of course this isn't my first time around the block with them and so I knew what to expect. I patiently answered all of her questions and waited on hold while she looked up all of her facts. I just kept thinking to myself...."I wonder if my name is on file at the Poison Control Center!". I sure hope not! In the end, everything was fine and I just kept an eye on her. She has done amazingly well all evening and is being her normal self. Just in case anyone is wondering, Formalin is the active ingredient in CureIck and is a form of formaldyhide. It is a super low dosage and won't hurt them. She will just preserve well! Haha! Just kidding! Well....about the preserving part, that is!

So, that is my interesting story for the day!

1 comment:

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Oh my goodness! So glad she is okay! You didnt get a picture did you? When things like that happen I check to make all are okay and then I find the camera lol!