Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fundraiser

I am finally back to having a few quiet moments to myself where I can sit down, concentrate and actually blog again!  I haven't posted anything since the beginning of the school year and it honestly has been a blur.  I can't believe we only have a few short weeks of school left before my girls are officially done and moving on to 4th and 2nd grade!

However, that is not the purpose of this blog post.  The true purpose is to tell all of you about a fundraiser that I am taking part in.  Some of you may already know that I lost my gramma last May to a horrible cancer.  She died from pancreatic cancer.  Many of you may not know much about this cancer, but it is definitely a sneaky one.  Most people who have this awful disease have no idea they even have it until they are in the 4th stage of it.  There is no routine testing that is done to find it and most of the time it is through as serious illness that it is found.

My gramma was not feeling well and she finally called the ambulance one day and had herself taken to the emergency room.  She was extremely jaundice and they ruled out as many things as they could before they finally found out that is was, in fact, pancreatic cancer.  She was already stage 4 and her life expectancy wasn't long.  Gramma was an extremely faithful servant of the Lord and loved God more than most people I know.  She decided against any extreme measures to save her life.  The only thing that she did was radiation to help with the pain since it such a painful disease.  She had lost my grandfather in 2007(they had been married over 60 years) and she knew she was ready to be with him again.  She made her arrangements herself, went through all of her collectibles and valuables and personally gave them to those she would most treasure them.  I was fortunate enough to get nine of her Precious Moments collectibles along with some other things like holiday decorations, milk glass, etc.  

On May 16, 2011 my gramma went home to be with Jesus and her beloved husband.  She was such an important part of our whole family and she is greatly missed.  Because of her, our family is taking part in the Purple Stride Cleveland Fundraiser.  We are walking/running at the Cleveland MetroParks zoo on June 16, 2012 in order to raise money for research and awareness of this horrible cancer.  We want to find a cure so that others may not have to suffer from this disease.

Would you consider donating to the cause?  If you are from the Cleveland, Ohio area, would you consider walking with us?  Your sign up gets you the whole day at the zoo along with a shirt.

Please click the link in the upper right hand corner if you would like to donate.  Our family would truly appreciate it!

Thank you!

No comments: