Thursday, September 11, 2008

Geneva on the Lake


What a great time we had at Geneva! I can't wait to go again next year! The weather was perfect, the sun was shining and my husband made a total fool out of himself! I was a complete evening for us!


Our first stop was the lake and it was gorgeous! The sun was low in the sky and the boats were out on the water. Just a perfect picture. The girls took off their sandals and played in the edge of the water. I took lots of pictures so that I could remember how happy they were just playing and laughing and having a good time exploring.


Our next stop was to the family fun park where my husband decided to make a total fool out of himself by trying to climb the rock wall. Does anyone who is afraid of heights really think they can climb a rock wall?! NO!! But of course, Marvin had to try it and in the process freaked out at the top thinking the cord wasn't holding him up so he clawed for the wall, reopened a cut and looked really strange in front of the lovely group of gawkers who were lined up to see the two "old men" trying to climb the rock wall.


Then we went and found an AWESOME place that makes authentic gyros and we chowed down on an great meal. Of course no meal is complete w/o dessert, so we stopped at the local donut shop that has people lined up outside of the store all day long and we waited for fresh homemade creamsticks to come out of the fryer!!!! Can I just say....yummo!!!!!! They were awesome and I wish that I could have had more!! I can't wait until next summer to head up there just for the donuts!

No comments: