Sunday, April 5, 2009

Why does this happen to MY children?!

Poor Alaina woke up this evening around 11pm and was having a horrible time breathing. She was coughing and gagging and sobbing all at the same time. Needless to say, anyone who has experienced the croup knows exactly what I am talking about! It is such a disturbing childhood illness. While most people will never experience the croup because you have to be prone to it, the lucky few who do get it know how awful it is to see your child have it! We stuck her head in the freezer to let her breathe in the cool air, we took her outside and neither of those worked, so we finally gave her an albuterol aerosol treatment. It didn't help a lot, but enough that she could breathe a little bit without coughing. So, I finally got her calmed down and she is now sleeping in my bed and I am dreading going in there to sleep because she is a really violent sleeper and I won't get a wink of sleep tonite! Oh the joys of childhood croup.....

1 comment:

melcox7887 said...

Awww poor Alaina! I hope she is feeling much better by now!