Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another Saga at the Pediatrician's Office!

Many of you may already know that we have been dealing with chronic diarrhea with Rebecca for a few months now. Well, this morning when I got her up and she was covered in poo, I finally decided that I had had enough! I called the pedi and made another appointment. So we get there and the next step is to get a stool sample to have them tested. Great....I have more waiting to do! I am so sick of cleaning up a dirty crib every morning! Hopefully this will give us some answers. We have done everything we know to do up until now. We have stopped giving her dairy, put her on a probiotic, taken away juice, put her on a BRATT diet and limited her food intake. We are at a loss right now! I know that we surely could use prayers right now!

To top that off, we also found out that Michaela may have strep throat and her throat is soooo sore and bright red. She had a fever, too! We are waiting for the strep culture to come back, but I have the prescription already written out so I can get it as soon as I get the results.

Last but not least, Alaina STILL has a double ear infection. We had her into the doctor two weeks ago and they put her on amoxil for her ears and today they were both still infected so she is now on a z-pak so hopefully she will get some relief soon!

Summer is finally on its way, so hopefully all of the cold germs will take a hike, too!!!

2 comments:

Marissasmommy said...

Oh No Jen, your girls are sounds like they are just misiourable right now. I hope that all of the meds that they have will help each of them.
Please let us know how Becca's test goes. Everyone is in my prayers.

melcox7887 said...

Oh no! I hope everyone is feeling better soon. Please kup on Becca's tests.