Thursday, July 29, 2010

Corn....it's what's for Dinner!!!











Corn anyone?! LOL

Freezing corn is something that we love to do. Nothing is better than getting fresh corn out of the freezer whenever you want it and it tasting like it was just picked. Yum! So, I went to our friend's farm and picked up 20 dozen ears of corn for our family to freeze. By the end of the night we ended up with over 50 dozen ears of corn to shuck, blanch, cut off the ears, bag and freeze! Some of it is going to my Mom and Dad and some of it is going to my sister, so it is all worth it in the end, but boy was it a lot of work! It was a two day project. Teamwork really made this task go faster, though. I don't think we could've gotten it all done had we not worked together! Now I am just waiting for the next picking to come around so I can do it all over again! ♥

No comments: