Thursday, July 29, 2010

Project 365- Day 10


I first want to thank my friend, C, for giving me this awesome recipe! They are called zucchini patties and they were sooooo good! It is really simple and a great way to use that fresh zucchini from the garden or the zucchini that you had frozen from last year!

Here is the recipe:
2 cups zucchini shredded
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup diced onion
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
salt to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Mix all ingredients except salt and oil in a bowl. Heat oil in a skillet and drop mixture by spoonfuls into the pan. Let cook on each side until golden brown and then salt to taste.

If you have ever made corn fritters or apple fritters, this is similar. It has the same consistency. All of my kids loved these and even my apprehensive husband was pleased and is taking the few leftover patties for his lunch in the morning.

My pictures are showing the frying and the end result. The picture makes them look a little too dark but they were actually perfectly golden brown in person.

Enjoy this great recipe!

2 comments:

Countess B said...

I made these, I also linked to your blog on a post that will show up next week.

When I made my first round I made them too thick. OOOPS!

I finally figured out the right amount and make a nice batch.

At first I didn't care much for them. It didn't seem like they had much flavor, but after they were fried I doused them with salt and juzzed them with lemon juice.

After that I couldn't stop eating them! I will make these again and again.

Unknown said...

Mmmm....lemon juice is something I may have to try!

I do LOVE the salty flavor of them, though when they are piping hot and freshly salted!