Thursday, January 1, 2009

What a holiday season!

I cannot believe that it is actually over! Where did the time go?! It seems like we were still shopping for gifts just yesterday and now we are done with Christmas AND New Year's! The kids had a great Christmas and got a TON of stuff from family and friends. We are so thankful to be surrounded by such wonderful people! I think that my family bought out the entire children's clothing department in Sears this year! We have tons of new outfits for winter and summer. I won't have to buy them clothes for a long time!

Marvin was really excited to get his sawzall and it was worth it when I saw how happy he was to open it up and tinker with it. He immediately charged the battery and got it ready for use even though it is too cold outside to use it anyhow. Men....

I got a lot of nice things for Christmas as well. I got a Broom Vac, jammies, Third Day CD, board games, electric knife(for my Dad to cut the Thanksgiving turkey), a moppine(a Rachael Ray item), smelly stuff, and 500 thread count sheets that are like heaven! My gramma also got me two precious moments for my collection! Yahoo!!

New Years was also a lot of fun! We hung out with my cousin and his wife. We went out for a nice dinner without the kids and then we went back to the house, put the kids in bed and played games for the rest of the evening. We probably would have stayed longer, but Marvin had to work this morning, so we left aroung 2am.

Now it is back to the daily grind and a sense of normalcy. We have to take the decorations down and get ready for the next holiday. Valentine's Day! I always love that holiday because we go away for a weekend and just enjoy each other. We don't get to do that very often.

Well, I think that is about it in the Jackson household! Have a great New Year everyone!

No comments: