Wednesday, January 20, 2010

You have a piece of my heart

It seems amazing to me that I have known you for over 10 years now! We have laughed together, cried together, been new places and seen new things. We have experienced the oceans and the mountains while in each other's presence. I miss you terribly! Even though you are still here and I can call you on the phone, reaching you is so difficult. I spend many nights thinking about you and how you are doing. I pray for you and your family. I think about what it will be like when we can be together once again like it was in the old days. We will never go through pregnancies together again and we may never live nearby again, but I am looking forward to the days when we can take our kids to the county fair, or swimming, or to the park. I can't wait to spend long nights watching scary movies or just hanging out. I want to grow old with you just a phone call away.

I know you don't want me to worry about you and that you are trying to keep me from the realities of this life, but I WANT to be there. I want to help you and I want to be your crutch, or crying shoulder, maybe even your chef. Whatever you need. I don't care if you don't feel like talking, or don't want to get out of bed. I don't care if you don't have your makeup on or even if you are still in your PJ's. I want to be able to be there. You will forever have a piece of my heart because you are part of my life. I love you and it will never change!

Get well my friend!

No comments: